Monday 10 November 2008

running in the dark


it's the end of the second week attempting to get back into running and things are a little less painful! horrah!

this week i managed:

25 minute run outside
20 minute treadmill run
2 hour cycle outside
2 x 45 minute gym routines
1 little swim doing speed drills

so my running is still only at twice a week, rather than three times as i've been aiming - but it's still an improvement so i'm happy with that. and therefore, it's time for a new challenge!!

i've decided a new aim for this week's running exercises! i'm going to time myself running to the end of my street, as fast as my little pegs will propell me. it's only 300 metres - a good little starting distance for me to get motivated with.

the aim is that over the next few months, i get faster, and then slowly start to increase the distance. so that within six months, i'm qualifying for London 2012 - hahahaha. okay, kidding, really.

but hopefully will get my pegs used to moving at a rate which is marginally quicker than a four year old toddler.

(btw: i'm not basing these
How To Run Faster techniques on anything remotely educational, just a bit of guess work... will see how she goes!)


No comments: