Friday, 22 August 2008
week seven: personal trainer laughs at me
some points regarding week seven
1. spent time at the bike shop. lots of time. buying nothing. did not notice hot bike man.
2. tried on a few tri-suits in the local tri store. they look HIDEOUS. i stopped wearing bike shorts in the early nineties. was hoping to keep it that way.
3. have resigned myself to a swim time of 8 minutes. this will not kill me, which i figure is a positive start to the race.
4. personal training session at gym tonight. personal trainer laughed at me. to be fair, i could not lift the gym equipments 'no weight' option on the knee exercises... i did have my knee reconstructed, so bit of an excuse, but that was eight years ago, so excuse is running a bit thin.
5. knees aside, body is taking shape after week 3 of training. still can't run, but will try to look as good as possible while trying.
6. need to buy new bike. this week. not from hot bike man (husband reads blog)